Sunday, June 8, 2014

Thoughts on yard sale fundraisers

After having done two yard sales I have come to realize a few things. 

One:
They are a lot of work. I did not realize how much time and effort it would take to do all of this on my part and others. Really. It has been a massive herculean effort. 
Two:
That a lot of people want to help us move forward in adoption. There have been many who have come forward without being asked and have done so much by helping and donating. 
Three:
That there are also many who do not realize what we are doing and how difficult it has been for us. I think about how unless you have gone through it, it is easy to pass by and do nothing. If we really felt and saw and KNEW what people were going through would we be so heartless sometimes? I believe not. And how many times have I been the same way. Selfishness is the most natural state of mind to be in. I mean I really have to work at not being selfish. So to those of you whom I have passed by on your road of suffering I am sorry. It is moments like this that I realize how much we all need each other to make it through.

And to those of my friends who are also suffering with infertility, and there are a lot, my heart goes out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment